The above question can also be framed as; “Why Even a Small Business Need a Website in 2022 and beyond?”
To find out the reasons, first let’s find out what are MSMEs?
What are MSMEs?
MSME stands for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. Their definitions vary based on the country and the industry that specific business falls in but as per the Govt. of India, here is their definition,
- A Micro enterprise, where the investment in Plant and Machinery or Equipment does not exceed one crore rupees and turnover does not exceed five crore rupees;
- A Small enterprise, where the investment in Plant and Machinery or Equipment does not exceed ten crore rupees and turnover does not exceed fifty crore rupees;
- A Medium Enterprise, where the investment in Plant and Machinery or Equipment does not exceed fifty crore rupees and turnover does not exceed two hundred and fifty crore rupees.
Now let’s talk about those reasons, why almost every Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises need to have a website in this Web 3.0 era.
- A Business Website Makes You Look More Professional
Your website is the first thing that a potential customer checks to know more about you & your product/services. Website is a very critical thing for customers, especially during their research phase.
Here is how you can make your business/personal website look professional & credible.
- Get a custom domain name (.com is best but do not hesitate to use alternatives if this one is not available. For example; .xyz is ideal for Web 3.0 projects)
- Spend time and money on your website’s design
- Check grammar and spelling used on the website
- Do not use stock images instead use real, original & high-quality images of your business.
- Make your website simple and easy to navigate (think for the customers for better user experience, UX).
- It Helps to Find Customers and Answer their Questions 24×7
So, as a business owner, you do not need to hire someone to answer those queries.
- A Website can Help Small Businesses(MSMEs) Increase Branding and Credibility
Branding your business helps customers recognize easily and hence show the trust needed for the product/service purchase. Because you already know, when people trust then only they purchase & re-purchase
- Website Increases Your Visibility & Reach and Brings More Customers.
It helps in scaling your business. A fully Search Engine Optimized (SEO) website can help your business to rank higher on Google organic results.
- It’s Easier to Showcase Your Products and Services to Your Potential Customers
- Your Business Website Allows You to Compete with Bigger & More Established Brands
- A ‘Must Have’ Platform for All Your Digital Marketing Needs
Where ever you run ads, your business needs a landing page to direct potential customers. This is a very critical part of the sales funnel. So, why not direct them to your business website. Where they can explore your offerings and hopefully become your customers.
- Harness the Power of Positive Reviews and Serve Customers on Local and Global Levels at the Same Time by Selling Your Product & Services Online.
- A Business Website Gives Lasting Value and Helps You Edge Out The Competition
There are many more reasons to have a Business Website for your MSME or simply your Small Business. So, what are you waiting for? Just hire someone to design your business website, today.
The points are made short intentionally, to make them easily digestible to the dear readers.